Friday, February 20, 2009

Indecisive

It is so quiet at the office right now...it seems like no one is here. It's almost always quiet at the office anyways but it's even more like a library today.

I'm debating on running at lunch or not. It was windy yesterday and is windy again today...although I did go yesterday the temps were warmer so the wind wasn't so bad but today the temps are at least 15 degrees colder. (And one of two times I've gone running and regretted it was when it was windy and cold outside. But it's not as cold today as it was that day.) But the sun is shining and it would be nice to be out in the sun. Decisions, decisions. Or perhaps I'll do yoga at home...my muscles feel like they could use a nice stretch. Can you tell I can't make up my mind at all??

For an update on not counting...I'm doing pretty well. I'm still rushing through my meals at times (particularly when I eat with Stephen--he's a fast eater and I think that makes me speed up). I have found myself counting up calories in my head a few times but I make myself stop, with the exception of the healthy muffins I made last night. I added those calories up to get a rough idea of how many calories were in each muffin.

My weekend looks pretty open...we will be going to see "Confessions of a Shopaholic" at some point. We also have reservations tomorrow night at a fancy pants restaurant near our apartment that we haven't tried yet. This week is DC's Restaurant Week which means for lunch you can get a 3 course prix fix menu for $20.09/person and for dinner a 3 course menu for $35.09/person. It's a great opportunity to try some of the more expensive and famous restaurants in DC for a reasonable price. We're going to Willow. Here's the dinner menu with all my choices!! Stephen already knows what he's going to get (Ham & Bean Soup, Steak, and Toffee Pudding) but I can't decide!! I suppose it depends on what I feel like eating tomorrow night.

Hmmm, I can't decide about a lot of things, can I? Whether to run, what to eat for dinner, whether to head home early since no one's at work...

Have a great weekend!!

7 comments:

♥ Dee ♥ said...

Decisions, decisions... what's a girl to do!?!

ElleBee said...

Ohhh your weekend sounds fun!

Sara said...

what did you end up doing and eating?!

hope it was a blast either way!

Julie said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Julie said...

hi! i just came across your blog and i think it was heaven sent! i lost 60 lbs counting calories and have recently gained about 15 back! :( im still counting but its become too obsessive..food is so much more than a number! i would like to try intuitive eating as well. im so glad i came across your blog and will continue to read! thanks for sharing so openly :-)

SeaBreeze said...

That dinner deal is happening in my town at the moment too. It's fantastic and really gives you a chance to treat yourself. Enjoy it.

Juice said...

Hey Marissa, I see you haven't posted in a little while. Hope all is well. I look forward to reading more about your adventures.

PS Thanks for the info on Paul Mitchell. :)