Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Stomach/Food Issues

I've been in a weird food mood lately. Nothing sounds good. For breakfast I'm fine because I'm always hungry after running and I'm always craving breakfast foods. But for lunches and dinners, I've been having problems. I'll be hungry but nothing sounds good. I end up eating something because I am hungry but I don't get a lot of satisfaction from it. I don't know if it's because I'm bored with my food choices or the warmer weather...my guess is the food choices. As the temperature has fluctuated this past week, I still feel uninterested in food. I've looked for new recipes and foods to try but nothing has interested me.

And in other food news, I think I might be lactose intolerant. I've never had a problem with dairy before but over the last couple of weeks, any time I eat dairy I get a horrible stomachache and feel bloated. I'm cutting out dairy for the next 2 weeks to see if I feel better and then I'll reintroduce dairy to see if the pain comes back. It seems weird to me that I would just suddenly be lactose intolerant without ever having problems in the past but maybe it's not weird?? I don't know...no one I know is lactose intolerant.

Anyhoo, that's what's going on with my stomach lately...a lot of strangeness.

In running news, my first half of 2009 is this Sunday. I'm excited!! Weather is still looking good...woohoo!!

2 comments:

Juice said...

Ugh - so sorry that your stomach is giving you fits. I had a similar situation hit me in my 20s. I took the ALCAT test and discovered some food intolerances. Once I eliminated those I was fine. And (thank goodness!) I seem to have outgrown the intolerances (several years later) and can now eat most of what I had to originally eliminate.

SeaBreeze said...

I'm lactose intolerant and can feel your pain on that one. I bought pills for it so that I can periodically enjoy full flavor ice cream and pizza.

As for the food woes, maybe try shaking the spices up a little. I normally dont find anything attractive to eat when I'm depressed and changing my routine helps that. There are tons of good ideas. I've even started eating salads again because I like the kick from Balsamic Vinegar.