Friday, August 22, 2008

Lead legs

I didn't do my 5.5 mile run yesterday at lunch--my legs felt like lead. It would have been easy to skip working out all together but I hit the apartment gym when I got home. I told myself I only had to do 30 minutes on the elliptical but I ended up doing 45. But I was so exhausted after that I didn't do yoga or abs. I planned on getting to sleep early but my sister called right as I was drifting off so I talked to her for 45 minutes or so. Sometimes I ignore the phone when I'm trying to get to sleep but she starts school next week (she's a 4th grade teacher) and I know once school starts her life gets extremely busy so I like to talk to her when she has time to talk since my schedule is more flexible than hers.

My workout plan today is a 5.5 mile run at lunch and yoga and abs this evening. I drove to the Metro today because I have a waxing appointment and errands to run after work...my appointment is at 4:30 and a couple of the places I need to go close at 6 so I wouldn't have time to walk home and get my vehicle and then run my errands.

Weekend plans look like this--
Friday after work: errands, wax appointment, laundry, yoga and abs, Wine and Cheese night while watching a movie or episodes of Lost, Season 3
Saturday: haircut, Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants 2, pop into a few stores at the mall (bday card for mom, home fragrance oils), yoga and apartment gym elliptical/stairmaster
Sunday: clean apartment and various things around the house, long bike ride and yoga (maybe?)

Looks good to me--a few errands but also time for me.

Have a great weekend everyone!

3 comments:

SeaBreeze said...

Sounds like a busy weekend. Good luck on your run today. It hurt to walk yesterday, but I forced myself to run and I actually feel more mobile for it.

Sara said...

busy busy bee!! I totally want to see Sisterhood!

Rest days are just as important and running days, especially when you are training. Sometimes you just have to listen to your body and you know what you will still able to crank of 45min so that is something to be proud of!

Heather said...

Good job making up for the run.

As for Lost you are strong not to just chew through the episodes.

I was very bummed that the writer's strike made this past season so short after an 8 month wait.