Thursday, May 8, 2008

I cannot wait for this week to be over...

Seriously, it has not been a good week. I'm so ready for it to be over. I've been getting up at 5 to get to work by 7 b/c I have so much to do right now (and I'm going to be gone for a week starting next Wednesday). Keep in mind that we live in a studio apartment so when I get ready super early in the mornings I have to get all my stuff in the dark from the living area/office/kitchen/bedroom/dining room/foyer area and take it into the bathroom and close the door. Well yesterday as I was turning the coffee pot on, Stephen had put the lime squeezer and shot glass from making a vodka tonic right near the coffee pot and as I went to turn on the coffee pot, I knocked the shot glass off the floor and it shattered. Not such a big deal but at 5 in the morning I felt like throwing a temper tantrum.

Then last night I get a bill in the mail from my dental insurance company saying that the dentist I went to a few weeks ago is not a provider for my plan and I need to pay the dentist's office $269. Before I made my appointment I searched on the insurance company's website to find a dentist that was a provider and when I made my appointment I verified with the dentist's office that specifically took my plan (which they said they did). I talked to the insurance company this morning and they said that the dentist was a provider for the company but not my specific plan (he's a provider for other plans). Then why the hell don't you put that on the website when someone searches for a dentist? Why don't you list the plans they are providers for? Am I the only one that makes sense to?? Seriously, I would not pay 30 f'in dollars a month for insurance if I'm going to pick someone who's not on my plan and I would have to pay the entire amount. Who the f would do that?? So the insurance company can't help and now I'm waiting for the dentist office to call me back since they told me they took my specific plan. It's their fault. I asked if they took my plan (not just my company, but my plan) and they said yes. And now I find out they are not a provider for my plan. I am so pissed right now b/c I got totally f-ed on this deal. This is why I went two years without dental insurance because I didn't want to deal with this shit.

And I keep getting more work and I feel like I'm not getting ahead at all. I'm tired and cranky and mad as hell. (I sound like a lot of fun to be around right now, huh?) Anyways, sorry to be a cranky biotch today.

To end on a positive note, I covered up my air vent in my office and it's now 70 degrees instead of the 65 it was yesterday! Yea for packing tape and file folders!! And now I can actually unbundle from my sweater, scarf, and fuzzy socks and do some work without my fingers turning purple.

No menu today...it's a total grab and eat type day.

4 comments:

Jen said...

Aw, that is brutal!! My insurance is pretty straight forward (we definitely have different systems in Canada)...I would be COMPLETELY frustrated having to deal with that!!! Same goes for the shot glass...at 5 am I would FREAK!!!

You are one crafty lady with your file folders and duct tape!! :)

Christina said...

I started laughing when I saw you getting ready in the dark, I do that every morning not to wake Chris...I hate it! Can't wait till I get my house

Grumpy Chair said...

Ouch on the dental. More and more dentist are not going under the PPO's, etc; that way they are not capped at what they can charge.

We have dental insurance and can use any dentist - but it is crazy how much out of pocket. Last year we all got our teeth cleaned - out of pocket was almost $500 instead of the $35 we were told it would be.

Hope your day gets better.

Heather said...

Wow! That sounds like some stress you don't need. At least you got some nice clean teeth out of the deal I hope. I hope you get to sleep in this weekend. 5am sounds really early.