Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Shopping weekend

I had a good weekend. We didn't have any plans...we thought about going somewhere but since we just came back from a trip, we decided to save our money and just hang out at home. Saturday Stephen had an appointment with the chiropractor so while he was there I went to Target and just browsed around (Stephen's much more of a get in and get out type of Target shopper and I like to look at their clothes and shoes). I did have to get some things for the apartment and I also picked up a pair of shorts and some cute sandals. Then we went to the outlet mall and I picked up a cute skirt, a short sleeve sweater, and a green cardigan at Ann Taylor, a black short sleeve cardigan at Gap, and 3 cheap books at Books-A-Million. I tried to find pics of the clothes online but since I bought them at the outlet mall, I'm not having any luck.

Sunday we went to the regular mall and I got some new makeup at Sephora (love that store, I could've been in there for hours but Stephen said he felt like he was losing his "man card" by being in there so long). Then we went and saw the new Indiana Jones movie...it was really good!! I don't remember much about the first 3 movies, I know I saw them but I don't remember any of the details. But the 4th movie is good and you don't need to remember the other 3 to understand this one. Then we went home and had a simple supper and watched "Resurrecting the Champ" on Netflix. That movie was good too!! It's sports-based but not completely about sports at all.

Then Monday we got up and did our laundry. We ran the usual weekend errands and then hung out in the apartment watching TV and NCIS on Netflix. Last night we grilled out and had chicken and tomato skewers with a hosein-BBQ dipping sauce, corn on the cob, salad with balsamic strawberries, and peach and pineapple skewers with a cinnamon-vanilla yogurt dipping sauce. It was a yummy, yummy meal!! All in all, a good weekend. A little too much spending of money but I'll just have to watch it for June.

We didn't go for any bike rides since my bike is in the shop (still!!) but we did do a lot of walking around malls and so forth. I'll definitely be going for a run today!! I made a new running mix and I'm excited to listen to it.

I have an appointment at the health clinic this morning and I'll get the results of my blood and urine tests from last month. I'm excited to find out what my cholesterol is and hear what the doctor has to say.

Today's Plan:
Activity: Run at lunch (5.5 miles)
Breakfast: 1/2 cup skim milk (in iced coffee), 1 light whole grain english muffin with 1 laughing cow wedge, 1/2 banana, 1/2 cup strawberries and blueberries, 1 serving Hungry Girl's Oven Baked Omelette
Mid-morning snack: mini Clif bar; pineapple chunks, 1/2 pear, 1/2 kiwi
Lunch: Huge salad with spinach, romaine, tomatoes, peas, peppers, cucumbers tossed with 2 Tbsp ginger pear dressing; 2 slices Nature's Own Double Fiber Light Bread with 1 Tbsp peanut butter and 1 Tbsp peach jelly; 15 cherries
Afternoon Snack: 1 slice homemade banana bread
Dinner: Spice Rubbed Pork Tenderloin, Asparagus, Brown Rice, Salad
Dessert (if needed): fruit dipped in light chocolate syrup

4 comments:

ElleBee said...

Sounds like you had a great weekend! I love getting out and having the time to browse the stores (instead of the general rushing that always seems to happen!)

Good luck w/ your blood work results!

Jen said...

WOW! Your weekend sounds like it was a blast!!! It's funny, Danny takes WAY more time shopping than I do!!! But he definitely hates going shopping with me...unless it's a lingerie store...

I saw the Indiana Jones movie as well! Though I will say I didn't love it, but I am a hardcore Indy fan and it didn't quite fit the same "mold" as the others...oh well!! I thought the acting was great and I was IN LOVE with Cate Blanchett!

Grumpy Chair said...

Love Target! So does my 4 year old daughter (gotta train them young).

Your bbq sounds so healthy and delicious.

Have a great week.

Sara said...

Hope your week is as great as your weekend!!

Hope your visit to the Health Centre brought you great results!!