Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Gettin' it out...

The last couple of weeks I've been feeling really down. I know it's not my depression but I think it's coming from my current job situation. In one way I like my job because I don't usually have anything to do so I can pretty much do whatever I want during the day...for example, yesterday I read a book. Granted I do have a conference coming up in November that I'm responsible for but that takes maybe an hour of my time everyday. And while it's nice to have all this time to do whatever I want, it would be more beneficial for me to actually have something to do. I have to feel like I've been productive at the end of the day and for the past year I haven't felt that way at all. I feel like I'm wasting a chunk of my life. This frustration has spilled over into other parts of my life...I haven't been making good decisions financially or eating wise for the past 2 weeks. It doesn't help that Stephen is sooo busy at work when I literally have nothing to do.

I know that I have to find another job but with the economy right now, there are not a lot of companies hiring. Even the government doesn't have very many job opportunities. But I have to keep trying.

Sorry for the rant...I just needed to write out my thoughts to get them out of my head. I'm home today...I woke up with a massive headache this morning, it hurt to blink my eyes. Sometimes being a grown up sucks!

3 comments:

SeaBreeze said...

When I was in this situation a friend recommended I come up with a "work hobby". This has grown to include: blogging, finding cool/healty recipes, helping my friends find jobs, taking online courses, and scrapbooking.

Reading I haven't done because that's hard to pull off quietly at work, but I am sure its a great distraction.

Martalu said...

:( I know exactly how you feel. Sometimes, when I'm busy and productive, I love my job! But sometimes, I'd rather be at home tooling around than at work being bored. Hang in there, lady. This is why they call it work and have to pay you to be there...NO FUN.

When the economy turns around, and it will, and when the time is right, you'll find the job that you love and that fulfills you. I know it will happen for me too!

Heather said...

I know how you feel, hang in there I'm sure something will come up for you :)