Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Weekend WrapUp

Why is it that 3 day weekends just make me want a longer weekend? You'd think I'd appreciate my 3 days off but instead I'm wishing I wasn't at work. Oh well...

So Friday night Stephen worked until almost 8 (poor guy is sooo swamped at work). I drove into DC, picked him up, and then we headed out to eat at Macaroni Grill. I was extremely tired on Friday so instead of a walk or ellipticalling I did 10 minutes of arm weights at home while watching the Food Network. Saturday Stephen got up and went to work while I went to the apartment gym where I did 30 minutes on the stairmaster and 30 minutes on the elliptical. Then we went to an outlet mall and did some browsing around. And then we watched OU lose to Texas!!! (OU is OSU's big rival so I was happy that they lost.) And, it gets even better, OSU beat Missouri!!! Woohoo!! Missouri was ranked #3 and we were ranked #17 but we played very well and won!! Of course, the game was on late and we were so excited after the game that it took us a couple of hours to wind down. And now OSU is ranked #8! Way to go Cowboys!!

Sunday we did some apple and pumpkin picking and also went to one of the wineries close to the orchard for a wine tasting. We got 2 giant pumpkins...one of which I got carved last night and the other I plan on carving tonight. We didn't get very many apples b/c last year we got way too many.

Monday we came into DC so Stephen could work and I was going to do the 6 mile run I had scheduled for the weekend but traffic was horrible!! All the streets close to the World Bank and the White House were closed off (the International Monetary Fund was meeting at the World Bank and the G7 was meeting at the White House). So Stephen dropped off some stuff at work and we headed back home b/c we knew there was no way we were getting a parking space. We went to see "Body of Lies" yesterday...it was a good movie, not great but better than okay.

All in all, we had a good weekend. I didn't get my 6 mile run in and my eating was a little out of control but I'm cutting myself some slack...I've had my period for the last two weeks now (I'm on birth control but the last few months I've had a lot of breakthrough bleeding but this is my last month on this BC and Thursday I start something else which has more estrogen in it and should "work" better) and the past week I've been so fatigued. I can tell my iron count is low so I've been eating a lot of spinach and this weekend I had a cheeseburger for the red meat. I'm not trying to make excuses but I also know that I have to listen to my body.

No comments: