Thursday, October 23, 2008

Quickie

Just a quick post today as I've got a lot of stuff going on...

  • I didn't do so well eating yesterday. Stephen and I had a bit of a tiff plus I'm really frustrated with myself right now so 3 glasses of wine later, I ate some cookies. (And I've been so good about not eating them lately). Oh well, not a big deal. I'm moving on.
  • I did a 3.5 mile run yesterday and I'm scheduled for a 5.5 miler today but I think I'm going to do some strength training and yoga instead...my legs feel really stiff lately. I plan on doing my 5.5 miler tomorrow. I know I need to listen to my body so that I don't get injured, particularly as I'm increasing my mileage during my training.
  • More and more I'm really really frustrated at my job. I have to keep telling myself, "I'm smarter than this job, I'm smarter than this job." I know it sounds arrogant but really a trained monkey could do my job and I AM smarter than my job. I'm not being challenged mentally at all. And anytime I try to do something a little more creative or "outside the box" it gets shut down immediately. I know I need to find something else but with the current economy there aren't many options right now.

Talk to you girls later!

1 comment:

Heather said...

I am doing a really dumb job too. It is an office job though and pays really well and lets me have really flexible hours so that is why I do it. Sometimes I stare out the window because the boredom is killing me. It is funny though because at least once a week someone else in the office says how they wish they had my job because I'm allowed to only work 3 days a week. I definately miss having some brain challenge but I guess everything is a trade off.

Smart girl to listen to your body to avoid injury.