Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Workout Bust

Yesterday was a bit of a workout bust. It started raining in the middle of the day (which ruled out my lunchtime run) and got very chilly outside. Once I was off work all I wanted to do was take a warm bubble bath, snuggle up in my sweats with a nice bowl of something warm and a glass of wine. So I did precisely that once I got home. I did do about 15 minutes of dancing around the apartment just for fun though.

Today I've got a 5 mile run planned. I was going to do it this morning (as I've been doing lately) but it was still raining and chilly outside. I can do either rain or chilly temps but not both. I'm heading out in about an hour to do my run since it's stopped raining and the temps are a few degrees warmer.

Stephen comes home from California tonight. He's scheduled to arrive around 10 pm and I'll pick him up at the airport. Then he has Wednesday and Thursday here in DC and on Friday he leaves with a friend to go to a football game at Western Kentucky, he'll come back on Sunday. I'm so looking forward to having a weekend by myself!! No big plans besides a 10 mile run and working out and lounging around in my sweats all weekend if I want!! I've got a stack of magazines pretty high that I'm looking forward to reading.

Today's Plan:
Activity: 5 mile run
Breakfast: 1 Odwalla Berry bar, 1 banana, 1 oatmeal raisin bread bar (homemade)
Lunch: Hummus and spinach sandwich on whole wheat, butternut squash soup
Snack: 2 clementines
Dinner: no idea...I don't have anything thawed out but it's just me

2 comments:

Sara said...

I always find it tough this time of year to motivate myself to run, especially with a warm bed/bath calling!!

Heather said...

Man, a weekend at home alone. You are so lucky!!! :)