Friday, October 10, 2008

It's Friday before a long weekend!!

I love long weekends!! One of the only good things about my job is that I have a 3 day weekend every other weekend and get off for federal holidays! Woohoo for Columbus!!

Today's a rest/cross train day on my half-marathon plan. I'll do either a walk or the elliptical in the apartment gym depending on how I'm feeling...depends on when I leave work today.

This weekend we are going apple and pumpkin picking!! I'll have to try to remember to take some pictures of our pumpkins after they are carved. Other than that, Stephen will have to work (potentially all 3 days) and I need to get in a 6 mile run, yoga, and maybe more cross-training. Oh, and Oklahoma State plays Missouri Saturday night...I'm hoping for an upset!!

I'm reading "The Heretic's Daughter" by Kathleen Kent right now...it's very good. The beginning is a bit slow but I'm to the really juicy parts now. (It's historical fiction about the Salem Witch Trials.)

Toodles!

2 comments:

Heather said...

I love historical fiction though my husband is convinced that I only read vampire romance novels :)

Sara said...

I love historical fiction too and I have requested that book from the library. I love reading about the Witch Trials, I did a bunch of projects on them for uni (the German and Salem).

anywho, hope you had a great weekend! We went apple picking with our nephew and it was a blast!