Wednesday, February 6, 2008

Weigh-In Wednesday Week #5

Beginning Weight: 186.0
Last Week's Weight: 183
This Week's Weight: 183.4
Difference between weeks: +0.4
Total Loss/Gain: -2.6


I'm back up (again!). I was hoping for a loss but knew that with the trip to NYC it would be hard to get. There were just too many meals that were out of my control. And Aunt Flo was visiting town. But I've been back on track since Monday and feeling much better about my food choices as well as getting in my running. I can definitely tell that running burns more calories b/c I'm getting hungry earlier in the mornings. Usually I wait until I get to work when I eat, simply b/c I'm not hungry earlier but this morning I was hungry first thing when I woke up! So I went ahead and had half of a bagel and then had my oatmeal when I got to work. I've noticed that when I eat oatmeal for breakfast, I don't really need my mid-morning snack. If I'm going to run, I'll usually go ahead and have some fruit for quick energy but that's nothing compared to the yogurt/fruit/granola combo I used to have for a snack.

So, back to my original point, only one week left on my Valentine's Day challenge. I want a 1.5 lb loss this week so I'll end the challenge at 182. I'm working hard to get there. Here's what my week looks like exercise/eating wise:
Wednesday: 1600 calories, run at lunch (hopefully...there's storms moving in but maybe I can beat them)
Thursday: 1600 calories, run at lunch
Friday: 1800 calories, workout in apt complex gym, AWS day--no work
Saturday: 2000 calories, possibly the gym? or maybe rest?
Sunday: 2000 calories
Monday: 1600 calories, run at lunch
Tuesday: 1600 calories, run at lunch
I'll still have some extra calories left for the week (about 400) but I'm sure I'll find a way to use them! ;)

I've been trying some new recipes for dinner this week (Lemon Pork Chops with Pine Nuts and Chicken Cacciatore) but neither were outstanding. But I'm super excited for tonight! I'm making homemade ravioli with homemade pesto! We usually keep a couple of packages of refrigerated tortellini or ravioli on hand for quick meals but those are so high-caloric and they're very processed. We also love the jarred pesto sauce (same kind that Lynn tried recently) but it's also fairly high calories. So I decided to try to make my own ravioli and pesto. I'm using wonton wrappers for the ravioli (they'll be filled with tomatoes and mushrooms) and making my own pesto, in my mini food processor I got for Christmas, using a little less than usual amount of oil to cut down on the calories. I'll definitely let you know how it goes!

Alright, well I have a project to work on which is going to be super boring. Can you tell I'm procrastinating by writing a super-long post?

3 comments:

ElleBee said...

That sounds like a neat idea for low-cal ravioli, in fact I may have to borrow that idea. :)

Let us know how the homemade pesto turns out too!

Don't worry about the tiny gain, it will be gone soon enough!

Sara said...

Half a pound gain for a vacation - damn that's good!!

I love home made pesto - this summer I made some with basil from our garden and then I froze it in ice cube trays and then threw in a bag. Presto Pesto all year long!!

Ooo I've always wanted to try home made ravioli - good luck and can't wait to hear about it!

Grumpy Chair said...

Sounds like your NY interview went great! And how wonderful is it, that you only had a small less than 1/2 pound gain after being in NY and superbowl Sunday?!

I like to make my own hummus (without the oil and sesame paste) - got the recipe from Shrinking Knitter. Good luck with the pesto.