Tuesday, March 4, 2008

I love great sleep!!

I got a great night of sleep last night! Stephen and I were both asleep by 8:30! Now we usually go to bed pretty early but 8:30 is early, even for us. I slept so well until about 5:30 this morning. I think it was the 5.5 miles I ran yesterday...it wore me out! It was such a great run yesterday! I didn't run the entire 5.5 miles but alternated running and walking the entire time (probably about 2/3 running and 1/3 walking). I'm going to run the entire thing sometime in March and then I'll start working up to 7 miles and then longer and longer!

Stephen and I are talking about getting bikes (by bikes I mean bicycles, not motorcycles, just to clarify). We're going this weekend to look at several places. He's found a few he's interested in. He knows more about what he's looking for in a bike as he had one in college and almost got one a few years ago. Me, I have no idea what I'm looking for. I've printed off a bunch of info to read. We're not buying anything this weekend, just going to look and ask questions. There are a ton of bike trails in the DC area and having bikes would let us be outside in nice weather and getting exercise, instead of stuck in a gym. So if anyone has any suggestions for bike buying, please let me know!

3 comments:

Jen said...

Good call on buying a bike!!! Danny and I like to bike in the summer time (though I was terrified first getting back on one! AND I have had the same bike since I was in grade 10)...

Perhaps you could go to a bike store and talk to someone??? They don't need to know that you might not purchase from there, but you can explain to them what you need and they might be able to tell you what you ACTUALLY need...oh and the best advice is get a WIDE comfy seat (you would probably have to buy it separate and install it)...I can't tell you how much my bum thanked me for that one!!!

Sara said...

I just have a Mountain Bike but I love it b/c I can use it anywhere. Now I'm going to hate it come the Triathlon since they are heavier than road bikes so you go slower.

Congrats on a great run!!! Have you thought of signing up for any races for the summer?

Sara said...

I just have a Mountain Bike but I love it b/c I can use it anywhere. Now I'm going to hate it come the Triathlon since they are heavier than road bikes so you go slower.

Congrats on a great run!!! Have you thought of signing up for any races for the summer?