Monday, January 12, 2009

What I did on my 3 day weekend...

Hey lovely ladies!! How are your Mondays going? Mine's going okay...I've only been at work for an hour so it's hard to say what the day will hold but so far looks relatively easy.

Friday was my AWS day. I still woke up at 5 when Stephen got up and did some budgeting/bill paying/Swiffering before heading to the gym around 7. Then I ran several errands--pharmacy, grocery store, Target for Stephen's birthday present. We were predicted to get several inches of ice/snow on Saturday so Stephen left work early and we went to Costco to get a few staples. Then we came home and hung out for the rest of the evening.

Saturday we ran a couple of errands in the morning and then Stephen met up with some friends to watch a Georgetown basketball game and the Ravens/Titans playoff game. While he was gone I headed to the grocery store and then went for a longer-ish run. My marathon training doesn't start until January 19 but I still wanted to get in a longer run over the weekend. I headed out around 1:30 and the snow/ice/rain was predicted to start around 2:30 or so but it was still just a 50% chance. This was my first time running over by our new apartment and there's lots of bike trails near where we live...I was excited to get to try them out and see where they went!!

Papa mia (my stepdad who's more than a stepdad to me but I still don't feel right calling him Dad so I call him Papa mia) was coming into DC on Saturday for a conference. So he was texting me when he got into the airport and to his hotel. Anyways, he got in earlier than expected so I turned around earlier than I was planning but I'm so glad I did!! I headed back to the apartment and 10 minutes later it started sleeting!! And then 15 minutes later it changed to rain. The sleet I didn't mind so much b/c it rolled off my clothes but the rain soaked in. Anyhoo so I finished my run and was cold, sweaty, and in desperate need of a shower but I felt like such a badass out running when it was sleeting and raining.

After a nice toasty shower, I met up with papa mia and Stephen and we went to dinner. Sunday morning we came into DC to drop a case of Gatorade off at Stephen's office. Sunday was Stephen's birthday so I gave him his present ("We Are Marshall" DVD plus some coupons for back rubs/head rubs). Then we hung out at the apartment until papa mia was done with his meetings and we ate at La Tasca for Stephen's birthday dinner.

Even though it was a 3 day weekend, it felt really busy and I still have a list of stuff I didn't get done. Cannot wait until the 4 day weekend we have coming up!! (We have Martin Luther King Jr Day off as well as Inaguaration Day.)

Well I'm off to prep for my rescheduled interview tomorrow morning...I probably won't post tomorrow b/c I'm taking the whole day off. Once I'm done with my interview I'll be hanging out with papa mia before he leaves on Wednesday morning.

1 comment:

Sara said...

Sounds like a very productive weekend!! Good Luck on your interview tomorrow!