Thursday, October 25, 2007

MIA

Well, I've been MIA from this blog for a while. Went back to my alma mater this weekend for homecoming and had a lot of fun. There's never enough time when we go back now b/c my family lives there as well as S's friends and now his dad lives there. So between all the people we "had" to see and juggling what everyone wanted us to do, it was a bit hectic.

I've been counting calories for the last few days. I weighed this morning and 181.0 is what I saw. Before I go back to school, I will be down to 150, at least. I walked yesterday at lunch. It's been raining here in DC for the last couple of days so I went in between two periods of rain. I won't make it today b/c I have lunch with S and S's uncle (who happens to be in town). I really fell short of my October fitness and eating goals. I think I set myself up for failure with a lofty goal. Christmas is just a couple of months away and I want to be down to 170. We're going to South Dakota to see S's family...it's a surprise for his mom!

Well, today I don't feel like doing any work (luckily, I don't have any work!). I am going to update the blog this morning with links to the blogs I read daily. I should work on my remaining two business school applications but I'm not as excited about these two schools so it's even harder to make myself work on them. Plus, S has to work this weekend so I usually go with him to the office and work on my applications then. I wanted to stay home today and seriously thought about it but I have to pick up my commuter subsidy today and that $110 is well worth my appearance at work for a couple of hours.

I'm really thinking I'm going to have to get out of this job. I don't think I can stay here until next fall. It's so frustrating. I am going to try to stick it out b/c it's minimal responsibility and work so I have lots of time to do my own thing. But I don't know if I'll make it. This job just puts me in such a bad mood everyday. I am really unhappy here. I just feel so depressed when I'm here and the only positive thing I can say about the job is that I have plenty of free time to do my own thing. The last few months when I'm out of the office, I don't even fill out the leave forms...I would sit at work and do nothing so why should I take leave if I choose to stay home and actually accomplish something. I just think about all the time I've wasted at this job. I have to focus on the changes I am making...I'm applying to school and all this ranting about my job has inspired me to put in 100% on my applications.

Alrighty...off to actually update the blog.

No comments: