Thursday, December 13, 2007

Tremendous Thursday!

I am having a great day! Yesterday S and I had a lot of fun ice skating. We went to a different rink (which is outside but it was 55 degrees yesterday) and the ice and skates weren't as good as the rink we usually go to. We even shared a piece of cheesecake at the Cheesecake Factory. It was so good and I'm so glad we shared it b/c it was so rich, I don't think I could have eaten more than 1/2 of the slice anyways. But what's even more awesome is that even with the cheesecake, I still stayed under my calorie limit yesterday! I had to eat a smaller dinner than usual but I wasn't as hungry since we had cheesecake in the middle of the afternoon. This is just the confidence I need going into the weekend...I can do this, I can stay under my calories on the weekends.

I am still a bit bummed about not getting into my top choice but like Sara said, I believe that things happen for a reason. I'm positive that going to grad school is the right step for me, it's just a matter of finding the right school. I have a back-up plan in place in case I don't get into my top choices. I'll find out on Wednesday if I got into my second choice and I'll go from there.

This weekend is going to involve a lot of errands. I still have to get a few presents and I need to get them mailed on Saturday (since I'm not going home for Christmas, I am mailing all the gifts I bought for everyone to Oklahoma). The DC area is supposed to get a pretty significant winter storm on Saturday evening/Sunday morning. My plan is to get all my errands ran before Saturday afternoon so that if we get a lot of snow/ice, I'm not trying to get out in that type of weather. I have tomorrow off (I looooove having this alternative work schedule) so I plan on doing my shopping then. Hopefully, the mall won't be as crowded on a Friday as it will be on Saturday/Sunday. Have a good weekend everyone!

2 comments:

Sara said...

Good Luck with Christmas errands. I'm soooo jealous of your alternative work schedule. I want one!

Jen said...

I am so sorry to hear you didn't get into your school, but I am a FIRM believer that things happen for a reason too...so I hope that everything goes great with your second choice which may end up being the BEST choice!!!

Good luck with your errands tomorrow!!! I hope you don't get hit with TOO bad of a storm!!!

(oh, and AWESOME job on the cheesecake!!!! I love losing weight and getting your cheesecake too!! ;)