Friday, December 21, 2007

Valentine's Day Challenge, Travelling and More!

As you probably noticed, I changed my blog colors in preparation for my Valentine's Day Challenge. I just had a New Years Challenge to myself and I found that it really motivated me to hit the gym and knock off some minutes. Even though I only got about 1/2 of the minutes in, I'm confident I'll be able to hit my Valentine's Day goal.

We leave on Monday to head to South Dakota. For the most part, I enjoy flying. However, I do find it a challenge to eat in airports and also, I have no idea what types of food Stephen's mom keeps at her house. So, I am taking plenty of healthy snacks with me for the flights as well as to munch on during the week. I'm taking Fiber One bars, real fruit leather, clementines, small bags of high fiber cereal, and Teddy Grahams. I'm also bringing my water bottle so there's no excuse to not always have water with me. I am making some turtles to take but that's a gift for his mom so not eating those should be easy (otherwise I'd have to explain a 1/2 empty box of food and that would be awkward). Stephen's mom doesn't know we're coming and it's a huge surprise for her. It's lead to a whole web of lies this week though. She had her friend, Pat, send us our Christmas presents. Well, Pat knows we're coming so he actually kept our presents in South Dakota (they're hiding at his office). But Stephen's mom, Kathy, wants us to take a picture of our presents under our Christmas tree. We have had to come up with so many lies to explain why we can't take a picture. She's getting really frustrated with us but I'm sure she won't mind when she sees us on Christmas morning!!

Well, I probably won't post until I get back from South Dakota. I hope everyone has a great Christmas and stays safe and warm!

4 comments:

Jen said...

Ooooh, I love the new colors!!! I am a pink and red girl, so no wonder I love Valentine's Day!!!

IT sounds like you have a great plan for being away!!! Enjoy yourself over the holidays!!!

I laughed out loud at your "situation", I am sure all her frustrations will be wiped away on Christmas!!!

MERRY CHRISTMAS!!! *hugs*

ElleBee said...

I think that's awesome that you're going to surprise her, I hope you have a great holiday!

Merry Christmas!!!

Sara said...

What a wonderful Christmas present for her. I'm so excited for you!

Grumpy Chair said...

Hoped you had a great Christmas. My hubby is from Rapid City, SD. I myself, do not like it that cold.