Wednesday, December 19, 2007

Weighing In

I weighed this morning and it said 181.2 which is a loss of about half of a pound. I'm losing weight but it's extremely slow. I've actually began to wonder if perhaps I'm not eating enough calories? When I workout I usually go for 1.5 to 2 hours (typically about 3-4 times a week plus other activities like ice skating or extra walking). Right now I'm eating about 1600 calories a day and quite honestly, I don't think it's enough for the days when I workout. I get in all my fruits and veggie servings (usually have about 10 servings of f/v a day) but I'm lacking on my dairy and protein. I think I'm going to up my calories back up to 1800 a day and add in a protein and dairy snack in the afternoon. I think my body has switched to a starvation mode and is clinging on to every calorie. Anybody have any thoughts about this?? I'm going to do some more researching about this today but from a few articles I found yesterday, I think I'm not nourishing my body well.

So today's the day I find out about my 2nd choice for grad school (I'm sure you are just as excited as I am, especially because once I find out, I'll shut up about it!). I am a great big ball of stress right now! I woke up at about 3 this morning to go to the bathroom and could not go back to sleep. So I laid in bed for an hour, watched TV for a while, played on the computer for a bit but never got sleepy. It's actually a little frustrating since Stephen and I live in a studio apartment, when one of us can't sleep, there are limited activities. Luckily, Stephen is a heavy sleeper so the TV or computer didn't bother him but I couldn't turn on a light and read a book. I was almost crying on the way to work this morning thinking about grad school. I've given myself a pass from the gym and from counting calories today. I just can't deal with it. I'm sure it would make me feel better but the thought of being away from my computer to work out seems ridiculous right now. So no inspiration here today for working out or eating healthy. I just keep telling myself, I just have to make it through today. On the way to work this morning I was driving Stephen nuts b/c I kept talking and most of it didn't even make sense. He just kept looking at me like, "I am so glad I am not spending the entire day with you." It's what I do when I'm nervous, I just ramble on and on (like I'm doing now!). And, on that note, I'll stop this post here.

No comments: