Monday, December 3, 2007

Weekend Wrap Up

The weekend went really well!! Our plans changed, as they always do, and we didn't go ice skating on Saturday. The weather got pretty cold on Friday night and since it's really the first cold weather we've had all year, we just stayed home on Saturday. Yesterday we saw "Fred Claus"--we both thought it was a good movie. It's predictable, as all Christmas movies are, but it was good. Saturday I made a huge pot of homemade chicken noodle soup for S and I to have for lunches this week since the weather's supposed to be cold this week. So, due to the change in plans, I only got 60 minutes of activity in this weekend. Food wise, I did really well Friday until S wanted me to make oatmeal cookies. Instead of trying to talk him out of it, I made cookies. I had two cookies which didn't do too much damage to my calories for Friday since I was actually under for the day's total. Saturday and Sunday...I didn't do so well. Most of my mistakes were mindless eating. I would get bored, so I would eat or the basket of bread is in front of me, might as well have 3 pieces. Things like that.

So, some goals for the week ahead:
* Eating during the week--did very well last week. Keep it up this week! No alcohol on the weekdays really helps.
* Eating during the weekend--watch the mindless eating. Stop and ask myself, do I really want this or am I just bored or eating just because it's there. Don't know for sure all of our plans for this weekend.
* Activity--did pretty good last week. Didn't get in as much exercise as I had hoped but this week my goal is 450 minutes total.

All in all, I did well last week and I feel so much better physically and mentally. I'm going to rock this week again!!

So, for something not eating/exercise related, my financial situation is pretty tight lately. Again, it's all choices I made and I'm having to live with the consequences. I just got paid on Friday and already it seems like I have no money. I have money in my account but I have to pick up my truck from the shop this week and it's going to be expensive. They can hang on to my vehicle for 5 days after they finish the work and then after that, they start charging $50/day to have it there. Part of my problem is that my paycheck on Friday should have been several hundred dollars more than it was. I recently got a promotion and this paycheck should have been the first paycheck where I was making my new salary. But, as things go, the paperwork didn't get in on time and so it'll be my next paycheck before I see the new salary. I'm looking into getting one of those payday advance loans. I've never had to do it before. I think it's really my only option. My only other hope is if it takes the shop until sometime later this week to finish my vehicle. In which case, the free 5 days will be up close enough to my paycheck that I can afford to pay for it. My plan is to wait until they call and tell me my truck is done at the shop. If it's early this week when they call, then I'll get a payday advance loan and go pick it up. If it's late this week when they call, I might still have to get the payday advance loan but maybe not. It's totally my fault that I'm in this situation. I'm just really ticked at myself about it b/c I didn't follow my budget in November and now look at where I am. In December, I'm following my budget. I shouldn't be hoping that it takes the shop longer than anticipated to finish my truck. Oh well, live and learn, huh?

Alright, well, time for me to get some other things done today. Later gator!

No comments: