Tuesday, April 22, 2008

I fought the cookie monster and I won!!

So no run for me yesterday. Everytime I looked out the window from 11 am to 1:30 pm it was a downpour out there. And as much as I'm hard core and run when it's sprinkling or drizzling...if it's a downpour, I'm not going! Even though it's cloudy and gray today, it's not raining so that means I'm definitely hitting the pavement around lunchtime! I'm excited! I miss running after just a couple of days. And it's been about a week since I've been.

I did really well yesterday on my food intake. I made a super yummy and filling dinner ("Brown and Wild Rice Chicken Salad") and then two hours later I wanted something sweet and I still had some calories I needed to eat so I had an oatmeal cookie (that I made for Stephen on Sunday). After I had my cookie, I still wanted another one. I wasn't hungry but the cookie was good and it was a boredom thing I think. I just kept talking to myself (silently, of course, although Stephen has caught me talking to myself out loud before) and telling myself how great I would feel in the morning if I stayed within my calories...if I had another cookie, I would've been over. I also reminded myself that the cookies would be there tomorrow so if I wanted one tomorrow night and I had the calories for it, I could have it. And it worked!! I didn't go back for that second cookie! Way to go me!! I love it when I can show restraint and work on having a normal relationship with food!

Today's Menu:
Breakfast: Oatmeal pancake, 1/2 banana, smoothie
Snack #1: Fruit--today's mix is mango, strawberries, raspberries, and pear
Lunch: 2 sandwiches on mini whole wheat potato buns with 1 laughing cow light wedge and cucumbers and spinach, veggies (peppers, tomatoes, carrots), plum
Snack #2: Clif Z bar chocolate chip flavor
Dinner: Pork chops, rosemary potatoes, salad, fresh green beans OR if it's nice enough outside we'll have pork ribs and corn cooked on the grill with salad and green beans

I'm planning to start taking some pictures of my food and posting them. I think I'll start that next week. Also, next week I want to wear my pedometer and get an idea of how many steps I'm walking a day.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

I miss running to when I miss it for a few days. Even if I miss one day now. It's weird and addicting. I hope the better weather keeps up!

Heather said...

What a huge NSV, having just one cookie is a battle for me too :)

Sara said...

good for you - that is so awesome, esp after the run in with the girl guide cookies!!

Your menu today sounds real yummy!

P.S. Sports Nutrition Guide by Nancy Clark. Definitely do the library thing, I would hate for you to buy a book I recommended and for you to hate everything about it!

Christina said...

thanks for stopping by my blog...I will be adding you to my blog list, very nice blog :)