Tuesday, April 1, 2008

My Inner Cookie Monster Rears Her Head and April Goals

Well, stupid rain yesterday didn't let me go for a run at lunch and doesn't look like it's going to let me today either. My eating is so much better when I'm exercising and working out. I've had this attack of the cookie/carb monster the last couple of days and I just ate about 10 Girl Scout cookies instead of fruit for my morning snack. I have not wanted to count my calories at all yesterday or today which isn't really like me...but I just made myself write down what I've eaten so far. Eating wise, I just feel a bit off track like I've already acquired a "vacation" mentality even though I'm not leaving for two more days. It's so weird how sometimes it's harder than other times to make myself eat right and exercise...weight loss is such a mental thing!! Part of it is the fact I've given myself 2000 calories a day. For whatever reason those extra 200 calories make me think I can eat so much more food. For now, I'm going back down to 1800 calories/day. Mentally, that's where I feel like I should be.

I went to the dentist yesterday and it was okay. I haven't been in about 3 years (gross, I know but I didn't have dental insurance until January) so the hygienist cleaned my teeth and I have to go back in a few weeks so she can clean them again. But she did say that for not having been to the dentist in a few years, my teeth don't look too bad. They did a bunch of x-rays and I have a cavity up above a filling so they'll have to take out the old filling and try to refill the tooth...when they do that, my tooth will be most filling so they may have to crown the tooth. My biggest pet peeve about the dentist is when the hygienist is cleaning your teeth with the water sprayer thing and you get water all over your face...I hate that!!

Got in to work at 7 again this morning and already have one part of one project done and will meet to discuss it later (just to verify that I'm on the right track). I'm leaving early today to get a pedicure (reward for putting in 20 miles of running last week) and a bikini wax (gotta get ready for the hot tub at the ski resort).

Alright so time for some April goals:
1) Follow budget! Buying a lot of new clothes has got to stop! Remember grad school and paying off debt.
2) Eat, on average, 1800 calories a day
3) Workout/run 22 times

5 comments:

Jen said...

*laughs* I hate when they get you with the water as well!!!

You have some great goals for April!!!

I wouldn't worry TOO much about not counting the calories...at least you are writing everything down still!!! That is still being accountable!!

Martalu said...

Great April goals! You should try consignment or thrift shops since you are losing weight. No sense in throwing money away!

I feel you with the carb/cookie thing. I was like a hoover last night. I could not get enough carbs in my system! I put all my info in WW e-tools, told myself to stick to my plan for the rest of the week, and then had a breakfast taco first thing this morning. Talking to myself is like talking to a wall sometimes!

Get back on track; I know you can do it! I'm right behind you!

Grumpy Chair said...

I have had to dodge the girlscouts on the weekends when they are located outside all the grocery stores.

Gross is not going to the dentist for over 20 years (me). I hated the dentist (and we have always had dental insurance) I make sure both kids go twice a year but I just couldn't bring myself to sit in the dentist chair. I finally went last year and had the teeth cleaned and a crown put on from an old filling that had cracked. They couldn't believe I hadn't been in that long because my teeth looked good (though coffee stained).

Sara said...

Dentist - same story, 3 years absence, 2 cleanings, 1 filling. Difference - definitely no compliments!!

April - looking good! Hope you got to ahve your run today!

Cat said...

ugh, my jaw is aching just READING your post about the dentist! Poor girl!!

Great goals Marissa!