Thursday, April 10, 2008

So glad it's Thursday!!

I could get used to weeks like this...yesterday was my Monday and today's my Friday! If only I didn't have actual work to get done. :(

I forgot to mention yesterday that I have another school interview next week. It's at one of the schools I was waitlisted at so it means I'm being considered for an open spot! I'm excited but stressed out about trying to get prepared. I literally do not remember very much about this school so I'll have to do a bunch of research before I go.

Also forgot to mention yesterday (hmm, let's see...what did I write about yesterday?) that last Wednesday, I ran the entire 5.5 miles course I've been doing lately! I was so excited! It was a goal of mine for March and I hit it 2 days late but I'm not complaining! Awesomeness! Now for April I want to run 7 miles. I'm about 90% sure I'm going to do a half-marathon in November but with the knee problems I sometimes have, I'll have to slowly build up my mileage.

Last night I went to my class and the scheduled night had changed. When I signed up for these classes one was on Wednesday and one was on Thursday. Well, the one for Wednesday changed to Thursday and obviously, I can't be in two places at once. But no one notified me of the day change so I showed up last night and eventually with the help of three staff people, figured out what happened. I was a little ticked that no one notified me but the staff people were so apologetic and nice about it that I couldn't be mad. So I called today and dropped one of the classes. It's actually okay with me b/c now that my workload has picked up, I don't have the time at work to devote to studying so just being in one class will be a lot better for my stress level. Although I wish the class was on Wednesday since new episodes of "The Office" are back on starting tonight! I'll just have to watch it tomorrow!!

3 comments:

Amy said...

Way to go on your run! I'm headed out for a run in the sun shortly... :)

Unknown said...

I hope you kick as much booty on the interview as you did on the run! Woo hoo. You are rockin'!

Marianna said...

Just came across your blog, Marissa, and I like you already! My twin sister's name is Marissa too, and she spells it exactly the same. :)

I look forward to reading more about you, and I wish you much success in all that you've set out to do!

Have a great weekend!