Wednesday, January 9, 2008

Check out the sidebar!

I lost 2.8 pounds this week! Woo-hoo!! Basically, I lost my holiday pounds so I'm back to where I was before Christmas but I'm excited! Even though my calories weren't great over the weekend, I still lost so I'm happy with it. This weekend I will do better though. I've been getting great workouts in the last couple of days and hopefully it doesn't rain today at lunch and I can continue with getting my exercise outside. So my goals for the upcoming week are to continue with staying under 1800 calories/day and the same exercise goals as last week (3 cardio/strength days, 2 high intensity cardio days, and 1 low intensity cardio day). The eating might be a challenge beginning Sunday. My dad is coming into town for meetings so he will usually take Stephen and I out to eat several times. I'm still going to make good choices though! We're actually cooking dinner for him on Saturday night. Friday is Stephen's birthday and I'm going to make his favorite meal (and it's actually really healthy--orange and onion salad, pork tenderloin, green beans, rosemary potatoes). We decided yesterday that we would wait to have his birthday dinner until Saturday and then have my dad over to celebrate with us. I'm pretty excited about having him over as I have never entertained anyone in my apartment being that it's 400 sq feet. Plus I love my dad a lot and he's one of my favorite people...it's actually my stepdad but he and I are so much alike, it's crazy.

Well, that's a very rambly post...just have all these thoughts going through my head. Later gators!

6 comments:

Heather said...

Great job on the WI!!!

Martalu said...

First of all, WOOHOO! on the weight loss! And second of all, YUM!!! on Stephen's favorite meal.

Going out to eat so much is scary, but we have to learn how to work restaurants into our lives because, let's be real, going out out to eat is FUN!

Jen said...

Wow Marissa that is so awesome!!!

Your meal for Stephen sounds fabulous!! Wanna come cook for me?? *laughs*

Have a great week! I am sure you will make great choices!!

Sara said...

Congrats on the awesome loss - I'm glad your hard work is paying off!!

That dindin sounds great and yummy!!

ElleBee said...

Whooohoo, congrats on the loss!!

byebyechunkymonkey said...

Good luck while your dad is in town. I would love to have your orange and onion salad recipe. Have a great week…