Thursday, January 10, 2008

No excuses

Happy Thursday! It's almost Friday! Woo-hoo! I'm really looking forward to the weekend...this is the first full 5-day week I've worked in several months and it seems to have exhausted me. I haven't been sleeping well this week though so I think that has more to do with it.

Yesterday I didn't go do my run at lunch. No excuse...I had the time, I had my stuff, just didn't do it. But I'm not beating myself up about it since I have put in some serious running time this week and (this sounds like I'm being a big baby) my feet hurt from that pounding. I've got to get new shoes soon and I've already started looking since it takes me forever to find a pair I like. On the way home from work, I got really sick on the subway. If you have to regularly use a subway/lightrail you'll know what I'm talking about; yesterday it was so jerky! I felt so nauseous, I couldn't read, listen to my MP3 player, even keep my eyes open. I had to take off my glasses, close my eyes and think about something other than the way I was feeling for the entire 45 minute ride! At times like that, I hate having to ride the subway to work. So when I got home, I ate some crackers and drank a Diet Sprite trying to calm my tummy down. The crackers and a bigger portion of lasagna than I'd planned for put me over on calories yesterday. I should've eaten a smaller portion of lasagna but by the time we ate dinner, I was pretty hungry. I was only 400 calories over and I've got an entire week to burn that off before next Wednesday's weigh-in so I'm not worried at all.

I'll end this post with a funny thing that happened to me on my way to work this morning. I walk from the subway station to my building (and get off a few stops before I have to just to get in the extra exercise). So I'm walking along carrying my gloves since it wasn't really cold enough for them and about 1 block before my building as I'm crossing the street, there's a car waiting on the light and the passenger starts motioning to me and yelling at me. I'm thinking "wow I must be looking pretty good today." So I'm feeling really confident and start walking with more confidence. About 1/2 a block before my building I look down and realize that I'm missing one of my gloves. I look back and it's in the middle of the intersection I'd just crossed. Luckily, no one had driven through the crosswalk so it wasn't dirty but I went back and got it. So that's what the guy in the car was trying to tell me, I'd dropped my glove. He wasn't hitting on me at all, he was being nice. I had to laugh at myself for automatically assuming the guy was hitting on me!

4 comments:

Sara said...

I'm sure he was more than happy to let you know you dropped your glove!!

I hate taking the subway to work with a passion!

When you buy new shoes don't buy Pearl Izuma, why? Go to Cranky Fitness to read about their new ad campaign!

Sarah said...

Thanks for the encouragement...I am having a better day, thank you. I just want you to know, I look forward to reading your posts everyday! Way to go on the 2.8 weight loss!

ElleBee said...

That was a cute story :)

byebyechunkymonkey said...

Love the funny story… and love that you can laugh about it! Thank you for the recipe. I’m excited to try it when I get home!