Monday, January 7, 2008

The Monday Report

So it's Monday (just in case you didn't know) and my eating over the weekend was okay. I got into this mindset on Friday that I wasn't going to count calories so I didn't. My eating was actually pretty good but the alcohol consumption wasn't. That has to change! Most importantly, I remembered this weekend how much of a mental "game" weight loss is. The second I thought, "I don't need to count calories. I'm tired of this. I need a break." I was done for the weekend. It was my whole approach to the weekend...I looked at counting calories as depriving myself instead of taking care of myself. I'm done with that mental picture. I've deleted it from my mind. And the way I felt last night was gross and disgusting and I'm tired of feeling that way. So I'm done with "bad" weekends and I'm back to the "nourishing" weekends.

It was actually a very relaxing weekend for me. We didn't have too many errands to run and since there were no movies showing that we wanted to see, we spent a lot of time at home. Which can be boring but after being gone for a week, I enjoyed it. I also cleaned my oven which was a big chore that I've put off for weeks now. I made a big pot of chicken noodle soup for lunches this week as well as the Hungry Girl's Oven Baked Omelette. I'm having the omelette for breakfasts this week...it's good and a nice change from oatmeal.

I am thoroughly looking forward to running outside today at lunch! It's going to be nearly 70 degrees here today (and most of the week) so I'm ditching the gym while it's nice. I caught myself smiling while walking to work this morning thinking about being outside during lunch...I was getting so tired of the gym, this will be a good change for me!

I'm ready to make this week fantastic!

7 comments:

Heather said...

What a great way to start the week! It's nice here today as well and I'm in a great fram of mind to start this week too :)

ElleBee said...

When I read this sentence "I looked at counting calories as depriving myself instead of taking care of myself." I totally related.

It is so true what a mental game this whole healthy lifestyle journey really is. Whether its calories or points, its all the same. We need to be in the mindset that we are helping ourselves instead of depriving ourselves.

Martalu said...

Mmmm...your lunches and breakfasts sound good! I need to look up that omelette recipe.

I'm with you on getting outside at lunch! It's in the 70s here as well, and it's just gorgeous! Have fun!

Sara said...

Hope you had a great run!

P.S - love the new pic!

Grumpy Chair said...

I love your new picture. Too cute.

We have been having warmer weather also, it was in the high 70's all weekend.

Natalia said...

First time I read your blog… im a 21 year old girl, almost a lawyer… even though I have never weighted more than 55 Kilos I have always struggled with my figure. I´ve been bulimic since I was 16, and it has taken a lot of work to get over that problem, but now I’m doing well. I just have to say I admire your effort to stay healthy, I know its hard but a strong will can accomplish great things. Ill keep on reading your blog…

byebyechunkymonkey said...

Mental pictures are so important. I know it is over rated but the book The Secret really opened my eyes to what thoughts and images I allow into my mind each day. Sounds like you are doing great and after a couple nourishing weekends you wont even think twice about having to much of anything… even fruity little drinks that make you forget life’s worries until the morning sun rises. Have a great run outside and enjoy that wonderful weather.