Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Wednesday Weigh-In Week #2

Starting Weight (1/2/08): 186.0
Last Week's Weight (1/9): 183.2
This Week's Weight (1/16): 182.2
Loss This Week: 1.0
Total Loss: 3.8

So as you can see I lost another pound this week! Woo-hoo! I'm actually pretty surprised because my eating wasn't so good over the weekend so I was expecting a gain or maintain. This weekend I will do better--it's a 4 day weekend so I've got to!

Tonight Stephen and I are meeting my dad for drinks and dinner. My plan is to enjoy one drink before dinner (either a glass of wine or a rum & diet coke) and then one drink with dinner (probably wine). We're eating at a pizza place that Stephen and I have been wanting to try for a while. It's one of 4 pizza places in America that have been certified by the Italian government for being "authentic" Neopolitian pizza. I'm eating a little bit less during the day today so that I can enjoy pizza tonight! My plan for dinner is to have a salad and then 2 or 3 slices of pizza (depending on how big it is). This will be the last time I see my dad on this trip so I'm kind of sad about it. I didn't see my family for Thanksgiving or Christmas and I've been missing them quite a bit lately. I want to try to get back to see them but it's a money thing.

I've rethought my Valentine's Day Challenge goals. Originally I had a certain number of minutes I wanted to workout during the six weeks but I've been so burned out with the gym lately and it's too cold this week to run outside. I've changed my workout goal to be getting 4-5 workouts in a week. This way, I can go for shorter times at the gym or go for runs outside and not feel like I'm letting myself down. I just realized yesterday how much I've begun to hate going to the gym and I don't want to feel that way so I'm scaling back a bit on the exercise for now.

Speaking of the gym, my one-year gym membership is up in February and after that, I'm not going to belong to a gym anymore. Again, it's a money thing. The $70 a month I pay for the membership is not worth it, particularly in the spring and summer when I'd rather be outside running anyways. And with possibly going to school in the fall, $70/month can go a long ways to helping pay off some debt. Plus my apartment complex has a gym; it's kind of crappy but there are some weight machines and cardio machines down there so I can hit those for some cross training.

Alright, well I'm off to prepare for my interview I have in a couple of weeks. Later gators!

3 comments:

Sara said...

well I hate the gym so I hear you there!

I think your change in goals are great and realistic yet still motivating!

Oh and CONGRATS!! Great weigh in you had!!

ElleBee said...

Well you have a great plan for tonight! I hope you have a wonderful time with your Dad.

Congrats on the loss!

Martalu said...

Congrats on the loss, and I hope you have a blast tonight! That's some fancy pizza!

That sucks about the gym. I want to join one so bad, but I just can't justify the expense either. :(

Why can't we be independently wealthy?